- Vacancy Type:Annualised
- Type of Contract:Security Corporate
- Temp or Perm:Permanent
- Closing Date:10 December 2023
Wilson James have been raising standards in security, construction logistics, aviation services, and technology for over 30 years. With 5,000 employees and a presence across over 300 client sites all over the UK, we are dedicated to delivering tailored solutions and top-tier customer service. As a leading managed service provider, we prioritise safety, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. Joining Wilson James offers the excitement of working with diverse, vibrant clients, making for a dynamic and engaging workplace.
We are looking for a Security Officer to join us at our client site in London, working as part of their bench team. This site is a property and facilities management company providing bespoke and smart officers to work in.
As a Security Officer you are an integral part of the team and you can make an impact with your skills to protect, deter and respond to any security matters, whilst providing an exceptional customer service experience.
What do you get from us:
- The Role – Annualised Hours - 1872 hours per annum
- Pay: £12.50 per hour
- Lifestyle Benefits – Mortgage and financial advice, vouchers for various shopping outlets and food stores, employee referral scheme.
- Learning & Development – we actively encourage progression and offer various eLearning courses, progression, training whilst on site, apprenticeships, and in-house training courses.
- Health and Wellbeing – Access to mental health support specialists
- Site Specific Benefits - paid sickness from day 1, 24/7 virtual GP service after probation period
A typical day in the life as a Security Officer:
- Ensuring the building is safe and protected by carrying out both internal and external patrols, actively preventing any security concerns.
- Checking, and verifying entry passes, monitoring of alarm systems, access control and investigating any suspicious activity or behaviour.
- Interaction with customers, meeting and greeting both staff and visitors; listening to requests, taking an interest in what they have to say, show empathy, and be prepared to answer questions and follow up where you feel you might be able to help. It's about going that extra mile to show people we care.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping others and keeping those around you both safe and secure.
- SIA Licence
- Experience in a security environment is beneficial but not essential, we are willing to put the time and resource into someone who may be recently licensed to give you the first step you might need.
- Hard work and excitement for your job, we love to see people enjoying their role
- A positive attitude with experience in a customer service role.
Apply today and secure your future with Wilson James!
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis. For information about Wilson James' commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, https://wilsonjames.co.uk/sustainability