- Vacancy Type:Full Time
- Type of Contract:Security Corporate
- Temp or Perm:Permanent
- Closing Date:29 February 2024
Wilson James have been raising standards in security, construction logistics, aviation services, and technology for over 30 years. With 5,000 employees and a presence across over 300 client sites all over the UK, we are dedicated to delivering tailored solutions and top-tier customer service. As a leading managed service provider, we prioritise safety, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. Joining Wilson James offers the excitement of working with diverse, vibrant clients, making for a dynamic and engaging workplace.
We are looking for a Estate Team Leader to join us at our client site in London. This role is required to be the operational interface across the 32-acre Estate. Responsible for all operational matters (security) on the Estate. Responsibility will extend to and interface with the Property Portfolios as the Estate surrounds all buildings. The Team Leader will report to and work very closely with the Estate Customer Security Manager (CSM), Estate Manager and his/her team of duty Managers
Our client is one of the largest pedestrianised communities around, with modern offices, retail, food and drink outlets all in one place. Alongside this are modern gardens giving the site a unique feel.
As an Estate Team Leader you are an integral part of the team and you can make an impact with your skills to protect, deter and respond to any security matters, whilst providing an exceptional customer service experience.
What do you get from us:
- Shift Pattern – 4 on, 4 off – 07.00am-19.00pm
Pay: £16.45 per hour
- Lifestyle Benefits – Mortgage and financial advice, vouchers for various shopping outlets and food stores, employee referral scheme.
- Learning & Development – we actively encourage progression and offer various eLearning courses, progression, training whilst on site, apprenticeships, and in-house training courses.
- Health and Wellbeing – Life assurance scheme, access to mental health support specialists
A typical day in the life as a Estate Team Leader :
- Oversee the shift security operation and ensure that staffing is utilised to an optimum level. Proactively work with DSM and CSM
- Understand and ensure KPI measures are met/exceeded and attend KPI monthly meetings
- Communicate and co-ordinate through chain of command both upwards and downwards
- Maintain a secure and comprehensive contacts list for all departmental personnel especially in Portfolio
- Check the checker. Support and ensure the Supervisor can and does meet security compliance
- Provide interface between Broadgate and Wilson James (CSM and DSM)
- Work with the Training Manager to ensure all staff training is timely, compliant and effective
- Be prepared to support the Portfolio OOH
- Produce daily/weekly reports, statistics and documentation relating to the activities of your area of responsibility
- Attend meetings to represent security and support the Property Management Teams
- Work with the CSM and Operations Support Manager to ensure all manning is resourced effectively, seeking resolution from within the portfolio operating resource first. Raise ad hoc work requests to contract scheduler to quote. Drive Supervisor to own the manning responsibility at Portfolio level and to only seek assistance wider when all option have been exhausted
- What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping others and keeping those around you both safe and secure.
- DS & CCTV licence
- Experience of working in a retail or public space environment and able to engage with people of all kinds
- You need to make everyone feel safe and provide added value through you concierge/ambassadorial skills
- Experience in dealing with multiple issues at once, prioritising and resolving problems for people
- Ability to communicate with the public, subordinates, colleagues, clients, contractors, and management in the appropriate manner
- The ability to effectively deal with incidents with demonstrable resilience and self-control
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
- Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear reports both verbally and written
- Demonstrate reliability including the ability to deliver exacting standards of both punctuality and attendance
Apply today and secure your future with Wilson James!
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis. For information about Wilson James' commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, https://wilsonjames.co.uk/sustainability