- Vacancy Type:Part Time
- Type of Contract:Security Aviation
- Temp or Perm:Permanent
- Closing Date:31 March 2024
Wilson James have been raising standards in security, construction logistics, aviation services, and technology for over 30 years. With 5,000 employees and a presence across over 300 client sites all over the UK, we are dedicated to delivering tailored solutions and top-tier customer service. As a leading managed service provider, we prioritise safety, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. Joining Wilson James offers the excitement of working with diverse, vibrant clients, making for a dynamic and engaging workplace.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our team as a Security Officer at Belfast International Airport.
Join us as a Security Officer where you will be able to explore a world full of opportunities working here at the Airport. You will be meeting people from all over the world, where you will be part of the most vital part of these passengers' journeys, by making sure they get to their destination safely.
Working as a member of the Belfast Team, you will be responsible for
- People search, x-ray screening, and bag searching - use of equipment and manual search techniques, to ensure no prohibited articles are taken into the airport.
- Access Control - controlling of access to the aerodrome, checking identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users requiring access.
- Resolve queries from customers and assist them with their journey through the airport offering advice where necessary & high levels of customer service.
- Responding to and assisting with emergency situations.
- Carrying out patrols of the airside / landside areas to ensure that these locations are secure.
- Attending to and investigating reports of incidents.
- Aircraft guarding and escort duties within site.
What do you get from us:
- The Role – Part Time, Permanent role, working 2 days a week.
- Pay: £11.45 hourly rate
- Lifestyle Benefits – Mortgage and financial advice, vouchers for various shopping outlets and food stores, employee referral scheme.
- Learning & Development – we actively encourage progression and offer various eLearning courses, progression, training whilst on site, apprenticeships, and in-house training courses.
- Health and Wellbeing – Life assurance scheme, access to mental health support specialists
- Specific site benefits – i.e Car parking space.
Exciting and rewarding, a typical day in the life as a Security Officer you will be In this exciting people facing role, your enthusiasm for producing the best customer experience for passengers is as important as their safety. During every shift, you'll be patrolling the airport, monitoring secure areas, and greeting people. Carrying out searches and safety checks on passengers, colleagues, and the items they bring through the airport is a key part of this role.
Approachable, you'll be that friendly face that extends a warm welcome to passengers as well as a constant reassuring presence. With a great sense of your surroundings, you will be quick to notice potential threats and promptly respond as and when necessary. With your passion, and our fully paid for and provided training, the world of possibility and opportunity is yours. Our Aviation Security Agent play an important part in keeping the airport safe for the thousands of passengers and holiday makers to enjoy.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping others and keeping those around you both safe and secure.
- A friendly, and engaging personality.
- Able to work on your feet for long periods of time.
- This role requires full colour vision and hearing to meet our required standard.
- The minimum age requirement to conduct this role is 18 years, and you must be a UK resident for the past 3 consecutive years with the valid right to work in the UK.
- 5-year checkable background (including employment, self-employment, career gaps, benefits, and education).
- Able to pass a CRC, Access NI and CTC (Counter terrorism check) as part of the airside pass application.
Apply now and have your career take off with Wilson James!
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis. For information about Wilson James' commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, https://wilsonjames.co.uk/sustainability