- Vacancy Type:Zero Hours
- Type of Contract:Security Corporate
- Temp or Perm:Permanent
- City:Greenwell Rd
- Closing Date:31 July 2022
Are you looking for a step up in your security career? Are you ready for a new challenge within corporate Security?
We have an opportunity to join as a Security Officer to work at our client site based in the Shetlands. The purpose of the role of the Security Officer in Shetland is to provide an effective physical and visual security presence and to respond immediately to all incidents/emergencies and provide timely and accurate reports through the line of command. This role is to cover our various contracts throughout Shetland.
What we can offer you:
- £11.37 per hour
- Shift pattern of zero hours
- Access to an industry leading Employee Benefits Platform offering lifestyle savings and discounts on most high street retailers, a Reward and Recognition programme
- The opportunity to develop your security career with access to training and development programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme that provides a health and wellbeing support service
- As an employer of choice, we focus on wellbeing, training, and career progression
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Control access of all staff, guests, visitors and contractors to the site in compliance with client policy
- Ensure that all staff, guests, visitors and contractors are dealt with in a polite and customer-focused manner
- Monitor and respond to all Security Control Room Systems including, where appropriate: CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Automatic Access Control Systems and adhere to on-site arrangements
- Carry out regular patrols of the buildings and general site (paying particular heed to the Perimeter Fence line and the Radiation Source pit), both on foot and by vehicle, as appropriate
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Basic IT Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
- Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports where necessary
- SIA – DS licence
About Wilson James
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James provides services to some of the world's most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
We employ more than 5,000 brilliant people across security, construction logistics and aviation services.
We celebrate diversity. With more than 75 nationalities represented in the Wilson James family, we are a truly inclusive company.
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
For information about Wilson James' commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please see our website.