- Vacancy Type:Full Time
- Type of Contract:Security Aviation
- Temp or Perm:Temporary
Be part of something amazing. Join Wilson James.
Wilson James provides services to some of the world's most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
We have come a long way over the last 25 years and we have an amazing journey ahead of us, so please join us and be a part of that exciting journey!
Wilson James are currently recruiting for a Buggy Mechanic to join us at Gatwick Airport on a 6 month FTC.
Working as a member of the Passengers Services team, you will be responsible for the upkeep of the Wilson James fleet. This can include the following; buggy servicing (A/B), refurbishment/cleaning and ensuring relevant documentation is kept up to date. General repairs/refurbishment of wheelchairs. In addition to this, the role may have the requirement for light maintenance of minibus/ambi lift vehicles.
- Completing the daily Vehicle Check Sheet, to maintain the operational reliability of the vehicle, reporting where necessary, any vehicle defects in line with the Vehicle Inspection procedure times in accordance with the company SOP's
- Completion of winter vehicle warm up, including gritting tail lifts to ensure they are safe for use.
- Ensure checks are carried out before the use of any company equipment and correct paperwork completed.
- Potential to drive the company buggies, ambi-lifts or minibuses ensuring that the vehicle is safe and secure at all times
- Potential for escorting arriving and departing passengers with reduced mobility through the airport.
- Ensuring that ambi-lifts, minibuses, wheelchairs and buggies are clean and tidy at all times in accordance with the company SOP's
- Ability to operate and use all company equipment after sufficient training has been given
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed legibly and submitted and submitted at the end of your shift (sent to OPM/RM/TM).
- Any additional reasonable duties as assigned by operational management, including duties which may not be ramp specific, this may include terminal duties when requested by your line manager.
- Ensure accident process is followed correctly in the event of incident.
- Deliver the highest standard of customer service at all times.
- Full Driving licence is essential with categories C & D (Licence must have been held for 2 years)
- You must be aged 23 and over for insurance purposes
- You must be able to obtain and airside driving permit (Including passing a driving medical with a colour blind test)
- Be able to operate the following shifts patterns include: early starts, late finishes, nights, weekdays, weekends and bank holidays
What we can offer you:
- £12.02 per hour
- 6 month FTC
- Annual leave of 5.6 weeks per year
- Life assurance scheme
- Company sick pay
- Pension Scheme
- Access to an Employee Benefits Platform offering lifestyle savings and discounts on most high street retailers, a Reward and Recognition programme
- Employee Assistance Programme that provides a health and wellbeing support service
- As an employer of choice, we focus on wellbeing, training, and career progression
- Employee Referral Scheme
About the Company:
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.